POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This position is charged with the Administrative Management of multiple construction projects. The Project Accountant complies and analyzes project financial information related to the project such as budgets, billing, change orders, payables, and various job cost and billing reports. This position is also responsible for maintaining communications with suppliers, subcontractors, project managers and customers as needed. Responsible for acquiring and recording all source information that is necessary for financial measurement and administrative control of each project assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Setup awarded job contracts, commitments and Schedule of Values in Sage
- Processing Lien Waivers
- Assumes “Full Scope” accounting and analysis for projects assigned.
- Sign up subs, open draws, and assist subs billing in Textura
- Post material bills, service bills, and purchased labor bills
- Prepare, gather backup and review GC,s with PM’s and prepare AIA billings
- Communicate with Subcontractors to expedite and facilitate compliance documents prior to initiating payments for projects.
- Setup compliance requirements including certified payroll in Textura
- Enter Owner CO’s, PCO’s and Sub CO’s in Sage and/or Textura
- Enter material and sub invoices for non-Textura jobs in Sage.
- Review and post Subcontractors AIA billings
- Issue Subcontractors payments
- Complete owners billing. Run job analysis reports; make copies of materials and subcontractors invoices for backup, prepare and complete Owners billing AIA’s in excel and Textura
- Post Owners AIA’s in Sage and Textura. Enter Owner billings in accounts receivable, update billing projections and payroll profit.
- Understand the use of accounting applications for Sage and Textura to include processing and job analysis reports
- Must work in close collaboration with Project Managers to complete billings in a timely and accurate fashion
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in accounting from an accredited four-year college or university and two to three years commercial construction accounting experience is preferred. Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Sage Construction Software experience is strongly preferred.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com